click to register

PDA

View Full Version : Rabbits Boarding

cheriet
06-11-2012, 10:10 AM
Hi All!

Anyone had experiences in boarding your rabbits?

Please share with me :)

Thanks in advance!

ngrassley
02-01-2013, 02:59 PM
Hi,
I had to board my bunny when I went away for 10 days over Christmas. He's a big Flemish Giant, so I requested that we was given free roam of the boarders house while I was away. I was willing to pay the high boarding price (around $20/day not including hay and pellets) so I had peace of mind that he was able to roam and would be happy when I was gone.

2 days after leaving him there, the boarder called me and said that he wasn't going to the toilet. This then continued to alternate between constipation, bloating, diarrhea, not eating, etc. he took the rabbit to the vet around 5 times during the stay, resulting in vet and medicine bills of around $380.
The vet put it down to stress.

As soon as I brought him home, he was absolutely fine. I spent the next 2 weeks shaving and grooming his bottom area to get rid of the matting.

Overall, I'm very unimpressed. In the future, I would prefer to have someone come to my place to feed the rabbit, or have a friend stay over, but this might not always be possible.

If you have found a good place that knows how to look after rabbits, and knows that they need their space to relax I would like to hear about them!

tkdg3r
02-01-2013, 04:24 PM
Hi,
I had to board my bunny when I went away for 10 days over Christmas. He's a big Flemish Giant, so I requested that we was given free roam of the boarders house while I was away. I was willing to pay the high boarding price (around $20/day not including hay and pellets) so I had peace of mind that he was able to roam and would be happy when I was gone.

2 days after leaving him there, the boarder called me and said that he wasn't going to the toilet. This then continued to alternate between constipation, bloating, diarrhea, not eating, etc. he took the rabbit to the vet around 5 times during the stay, resulting in vet and medicine bills of around $380.
The vet put it down to stress.

As soon as I brought him home, he was absolutely fine. I spent the next 2 weeks shaving and grooming his bottom area to get rid of the matting.

Overall, I'm very unimpressed. In the future, I would prefer to have someone come to my place to feed the rabbit, or have a friend stay over, but this might not always be possible.

If you have found a good place that knows how to look after rabbits, and knows that they need their space to relax I would like to hear about them!

Animals do get stressed when placed in a new environment and that would lead to changes in behaviour/eating habits and commonly result in diarrhoea or sometimes constipation.

My own dog who lives with my boyfriend always has wetter and more frequent stools everytime she has to stay over at my place even though she has been to my house many times before and sleeps with me in my room. I used to wonder if it was something I did to make her sick until I realised it was just environmental stress and perfectly normal.

I don't think it was due to lack of care on the boarder's part that resulted in the initial constipation though I do feel he might have been a little over-paranoid to have visited the vet so many times over 10 days. That could have added to your rabbit's stress levels, especially if medicine was further administered, and resulted in the subsequent problems.

Perhaps the next time you have to go overseas you could arrange to visit the boarder's house a couple times first with your rabbit so he has a chance to get himself familiarised with the new place and it won't be as much of a shock when he has to stay overnight.

dinechua
02-16-2013, 05:09 PM
Hi,

I sent my three rabbits for boarding and bonding too, they came back happily bonded and also well groomed.

During the bonding, the person also kept whatsapping me about their updates while I was having my holiday in Taiwan. I would highly recommend her.

estielow
03-24-2013, 10:49 PM
@dinechua , can I have the contact for the boarding service? thanks! :D

dinechua
03-24-2013, 10:55 PM
Hi estielow, I have pm you her contact details.

Sesame
05-19-2013, 11:02 PM
Hi dinechua,

I saw your post about your good experience with bunny boarding and it definitely attracted my attraction.

You mentioned that your bunnies came home bonded.

Can I have your bunny boarding contacts pls.

Thanks. : )

Joannechunmw
06-23-2013, 12:48 PM
Hi dinechua(: can i have your bunny boarding contact please? I need it urgently!! Thanks!

herewego
07-16-2013, 05:07 PM
Hi dinechua, can you also pass me your rabbit boarding contact? I need one as I will be going overseas next month. I would certainly appreciate all the rabbit boarding advice I can get. :)

Thanks!

vivace
07-22-2013, 10:59 PM
Hi dinechua,

Can you pm me your rabbit boarding contact too? I need one for my coming vacation.

Thank you!

Wren
09-04-2013, 09:29 PM
Hi Dinechua, can I have your rabbit boarding contact, please. Thanks!

paulara
11-13-2013, 03:11 PM
Hi Dinechua
Can i have the contact no. of your bunny-sitter please ? Thank-u.

Janicejanice
11-16-2013, 06:24 PM
Hi,

I sent my three rabbits for boarding and bonding too, they came back happily bonded and also well groomed.

During the bonding, the person also kept whatsapping me about their updates while I was having my holiday in Taiwan. I would highly recommend her.

Hi dinechua! Can i have the contact no. for the bunny-sitter please? :D thank you! I'm leaving Sg on tuesday so i need it urgently >_<

dinechua
04-10-2014, 11:59 PM
Hi all,

Apologies for the delayed response. I hardly logged in.

Anyway, here is the FB page for the rabbit sitter.

https://m.facebook.com/MyHappyTales?id=374725992613443&refsrc=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2FMyHappyTal es

You may contact Clarris, rest assured that your bunnies will be in great care.