click to register

PDA

View Full Version : help!!! the vet hurt my rabbit!

thesushi
11-11-2012, 11:34 AM
The story goes like this. I accidentally stepped on my rabbit a little while it was out of it cage roaming around the house. (I really did check before stepping! I swear!) So she did bleed a little in the mouth, and we rushed her to the vet at Shaw Corner, it was midnight and the vet is 24 hrs.

So during the consultation... the vet and the assistant was holding down my rabbit and I think they are too strong. They hurt her, and perhaps traumatised my rabbit's spine. She's all limpy after consultation. The hind legs are worse, she simply drags her hind legs...

Now she just stays in her little box and never leaves. It is painful just watching her turn around in the litter box.

Should I bring her to another vet? Or observe first? Anybody else has the same experience?

tkdg3r
11-11-2012, 01:00 PM
I'm sorry to hear about your rabbit. What did the vet say about her?

thesushi
11-11-2012, 02:16 PM
Her teeth is okay, just need to wait for it to grow.

The main point is the vet has traumatised my bunny and caused a spinal injury. She only sits in her litterbox now and does not move at all. I had the bring hay and water right in front of her so that she would eat.

The vet has caused more harm than I did!

I noticed the weird walking pattern at the vet after they were rough to her. I asked the vet to check and he kept claiming that she's alright and normal. I know my bunny better than he does! It is definitely not right at all!

tkdg3r
11-11-2012, 03:43 PM
Hmm well I don't know enough about rabbits to be able to advise you but I would suggest letting her rest a day or two since she sounds like she was really stressed out by everything and then seek a second opinion at another vet.

Hopefully someone here knows of a rabbit experienced vet. You could also ask the Hrss to advise if there are any good ones around. Always go to a vet that is experienced in the type of pet you have as few vets specialize in smaller animals other than the usual dogs as cats and like in your case might not have the knowledge to handle/treat them properly.

I know Dr Frederic Chua at Allpets and Aqualife is highly experienced in dogs, cats, hamsters, reptiles and birds. He is my regular trusted vet especially when it comes to my hamsters. but am not certain if he is equally good at rabbits. You could see him if you can't find any one else.

Their clinic number is 6481 3700. Ask specifically for Dr Chua. He's the head vet there and I cannot vouch for the other vets as I have never consulted with them before.

Good luck and wish all the best for your bunny