click to register

PDA

View Full Version : how to tame aggresive rabbit

irfandinie
10-20-2013, 12:37 PM
Hi I just adopted a adult Holland lop and it was very aggressive.when I want to add or touch the food bowl,the rabbit skill run and bite me.when I want to pet the rabbit it will grouwn and bite.but the rabbit only will stay in the cage cause I scared it will hurt other people,so any tip I need help.plzzzzz

ruu
10-20-2013, 07:50 PM
technique varies depending on the rabbit. But the majority of the time, try getting into the pen with the rabbit and just sit there. wear a jeans or something that when you are in there so that it won't hurt you if you get attacked. I just sit there, and wait. Slowly, the rabbit will know that you're not going to hurt it, it will come out, and try to pet it on the head. whenever it passes you, just pet it on the head. try to be quick to move your hand if the rabbit lunges at you. Do this for as many days as it takes for the rabbit to get comfortable enough to come near to you. When it does come to you, try petting it with long strokes from the head all the way down the back to the tail. When he finally gets comfortable with that, try ear rubs and cheek rubs. it can take me several months to get a rabbit tame enough to let it out in our living room to play.

arowana1
10-22-2013, 08:39 PM
Hi I just adopted a adult Holland lop and it was very aggressive.when I want to add or touch the food bowl,the rabbit skill run and bite me.when I want to pet the rabbit it will grouwn and bite.but the rabbit only will stay in the cage cause I scared it will hurt other people,so any tip I need help.plzzzzz

buck or doe? age? perhaps need to be sterilized to reduce aggressiveness due to wanting to mate?

best to ask previous owner on its temperament and how to manage it.