click to register

PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Free adoption of puppies

trinitymummie
11-24-2009, 10:00 AM
Hi, I'm looking for free adoption of puppies pls email me if u have any. thanks.. HDB approved pups only. I wan a pompom , maltese for my 3 little kids to be accompained with .

tkdg3r
11-24-2009, 12:39 PM
I don't think it's a wise decision if your intentions are just for it to be a playmate to your kids. I hope you understand that a puppy will be very, if not just as demanding as a young child. Puppies have long teething periods and their teeth can leave scars or even draw blood sometimes. They're more hyper than adults and their playtimes are always rough and long. It's not just throwing a ball for it again and again.

In addition, a puppy is never 'free'. You need vaccinations, heartworm prevention, deworming, grooming, food, toys, daily 2 hour walks. It's a long committment and I hope you would have considered all of that when you decided to get a pup.

trinitymummie
11-24-2009, 01:07 PM
I don't think it's a wise decision if your intentions are just for it to be a playmate to your kids. I hope you understand that a puppy will be very, if not just as demanding as a young child. Puppies have long teething periods and their teeth can leave scars or even draw blood sometimes. They're more hyper than adults and their playtimes are always rough and long. It's not just throwing a ball for it again and again.

In addition, a puppy is never 'free'. You need vaccinations, heartworm prevention, deworming, grooming, food, toys, daily 2 hour walks. It's a long committment and I hope you would have considered all of that when you decided to get a pup.

firstly thanks for ur reminder... I'm exprience with having a dog around as I've have a 9yr old maltese but its at my mummy house. So now i;m married and i intend to get a new pup to be a family member. My free is i dun have to pay for any adoption as I cant afford it,.. But i stil can afford for the pups vaccination n feeding of it.

tkdg3r
11-25-2009, 07:04 PM
Hope you don't mind if I sound a bit confrontational but I have to ask that if you can't afford the 1k(est.) for a pup, what if an emergency occurs, will you be able to afford the vet fees?

Vets are real money suckers these days. My puppy's minor ear infection already cost me $200+. And before that, a slight diarrhoea set me back $100+. I'm sure you as a dog owner should know that every dog will visit the vet for some reason at least a few times in its life. When I first got my pup I didn't think anything could possibly go wrong, that there'd be no reason that I would have to go to a vet. But I was wrong. Sure no major sickness has occured yet, no need for surgery or anything extremely costly but all the minor expenses (vet fees, food, treats, rawhides, damages because of chewing, etc) are slowly adding into the thousands. And I've only had my dog for a few short months.

So I ask are you really sure your financially ready for this? The start-up cost is one thing. What about the long-term maintenance?

trinitymummie
11-25-2009, 10:38 PM
Hope you don't mind if I sound a bit confrontational but I have to ask that if you can't afford the 1k(est.) for a pup, what if an emergency occurs, will you be able to afford the vet fees?

Vets are real money suckers these days. My puppy's minor ear infection already cost me $200+. And before that, a slight diarrhoea set me back $100+. I'm sure you as a dog owner should know that every dog will visit the vet for some reason at least a few times in its life. When I first got my pup I didn't think anything could possibly go wrong, that there'd be no reason that I would have to go to a vet. But I was wrong. Sure no major sickness has occured yet, no need for surgery or anything extremely costly but all the minor expenses (vet fees, food, treats, rawhides, damages because of chewing, etc) are slowly adding into the thousands. And I've only had my dog for a few short months.

So I ask are you really sure your financially ready for this? The start-up cost is one thing. What about the long-term maintenance?

thanks for all your concern.. I have just adopted a 2mths old JR. I am unable to fork out a sum of money to purchase a puppy but I'm able to feed him till old.. And I've got a 9yr old maltese at my mom house.. So thanks for all ur concern.

THREAD CLOSED