click to register

PDA

View Full Version : Looking to buy teacup Maltese from breeder

plaslim
02-20-2010, 01:11 PM
I would like to adopt/buy two Maltese that is at least 12 weeks and not over 1 year. Willing to pay around $1000 for both of the babies. Please SMS to 81960207 or PM me if you have one for adopt/sale. :cell:

Thank you.

tkdg3r
02-20-2010, 01:36 PM
Why so young? Puppies cannot leave their mum until they are at least 8 weeks and for toy breeds minimum 12 weeks.

Merged your posts~

plaslim
02-20-2010, 01:48 PM
This information was from SPCA, how could it be wrong?

plaslim
02-20-2010, 01:52 PM
I'm looking to buy male maltese puppies, preferred 7 weeks - 12 weeks. It's okay that you are not a SKC registered breeder. Please SMS asap to 81960207 if you have one for sale.

tkdg3r
02-20-2010, 03:33 PM
They're not exactly wrong.

Maybe I should have said "puppies shouldn't leave their mum before 8 weeks" instead of "cannot leave"

If you ask any good breeder, they will say they don't allow their puppies to leave before 8 weeks, some even 10 weeks. Reason is for optimum social development. Toy breeds take a longer time to develop hence to be safe, should go to their homes at a later age.

At around 7 weeks, the puppies' brains are fully developed and they start learning from their mum what is acceptable behaviour and what is not. They learn what is a hierarchy, humans and senior dogs come first, then them. They are shown that they cannot bite, chew, and tackle without consequences. Puppy play is very rough, and they learn more quickly from their litter mates and mother than they do from humans at this point. If you take them at this age, they might learn from you what they can get away with instead. People see a harmless cute little baby and can't bear to discipline them. But what they don't know is once they miss this opportunity to introduce proper behaviour, they're going to have a harder time training the puppy later.

A lot of problem dogs are usually those that were taken too early from the nest. These dogs never learnt any self-control, bite inhibition or socialization and are nervous, more prone to barking and biting and have a more difficult time with training. Some are horribly shy and terrified of the world, others are raging maniacs attacking anything and everything in sight.

A lot of people want young puppies because they're extremely cute. Granted they are. =) But the cuteness doesn't last longer than a month and you won't rmb it. (If I hadn't taken any photos of my own pup I really won't rmb how she looked like at 2 months or how small she used to be.) And they're left with a frustrating, hard to control, biting machine. Thats why you see many people selling 4-5 month old pups in the classifieds. They tahan for 2 months between the 2-3 month phase before eventually giving up.

plaslim
02-20-2010, 04:42 PM
I already know this but I didn't know toy breeds need longer time. I want a puppy not because of their cuteness, it's because I want a lifetime friend, they never betray you.

tkdg3r
02-21-2010, 12:45 AM
I want a puppy not because of their cuteness, it's because I want a lifetime friend, they never betray you.

What you mean by this? Betray?:confused:

plaslim
02-21-2010, 01:45 AM
Human friend will always betray you but your furfriend doesn't.

tkdg3r
02-21-2010, 12:47 PM
I'm confused because you specified that you only want a puppy because puppies won't betray you.
The sentence gives the impression that your saying only puppies wont betray you and older dogs will.

plaslim
02-21-2010, 08:15 PM
To me, every older dogs is puppies to me because I always ensure their diet is balance and healthy.

tkdg3r
02-22-2010, 02:13 AM
I see. Here's hoping that you find your new furfriends soon. =)

plaslim
02-22-2010, 10:41 AM
Thank you. :D