click to register

PDA

View Full Version : Rabbit grooming...

loverpet
05-13-2010, 10:08 PM
Dear Rabbit lover,

Rabbit grooming...

The Importance Of Grooming Your Pet Rabbit | Midyology.com (http://www.midyology.com/137/the-importance-of-grooming-your-pet-rabbit/)

blur
05-17-2010, 01:29 AM
Good grooming is really important to rabbits and they pride themselves on being clean.In fact, rabbits spend a large proportion of the day keeping themselves well groomed and this in turn benefits their skin and coat texture.Just because your pet rabbit spends a huge amount of its day grooming itself does not mean that you are absolved from getting involved.Understand that rabbit care is crucial and like all pets they place a trust in their proprietors to set a care plan and then stick to it.
Rabbit Grooming

At the start of the day why not brush your rabbits coat with a soft brush? Dont think of this as a chore, as your rabbit will really enjoy it and the closeness will help the rabbit bond with you.Brushing is a great way of removing excess fur from the coat. The only way a rabbit could do this is by swallowing it.Once swallowed these hairs could form a hairball that can compromise your rabbit’s digestive system.Fur balls often need to be removed at some expense by a vet, so the simple task of brushing every day not only benefits your rabbit but also saves you money. On average a rabbit will shed its old fur every three months.

You really need to be careful not to damage the rabbits skin when brushing, so avoid metal pronged brushes. Look for something with soft and flexible bristles or perhaps a plastic toothed comb.When properly groomed and tended to long haired rabbits, like Angora’s, are gorgeous.Many owners see brushing as a chore, but this is not responsible pet ownership. Do all you can to brush your rabbit on a daily basis.If your rabbit has long hair then you can on occasions trim the hair so that it is merely one inch long. Shorter fur will mean your rabbit is less prone to suffer from matting and it will find it easier to groom itself.You need to be really careful when cutting your rabbits fur and if your rabbit tends to fidget or run off then this is perhaps one task that is best left to the experts.A patch of matted hair can in some cases be combed out, so don’t instantly grab the scissors and cut it off.If the matted area cannot be combed through please ask an expert to remove it. Don try it yourself as you may end up cutting the rabbits skin.

In addition to the fur you also need to keep an eye on your rabbits nails.If the nails are very long they can be painful. If your rabbits nails look to long it may be time to get them trimmed.Do not attempt to trim the nails yourself. This is a tricky task and if you do it incorrectly you can cause the rabbit pain and distress.

:spy:

nomi
08-27-2010, 03:39 PM
hi dude,..
thanks for sharing this nice link for Rabbit grooming i also like and appreciate your effort,..

nomi
08-27-2010, 03:42 PM
hi dear very nice step for rabbit grooming,..
i appreciate your effort,..

moomoopets
01-06-2012, 09:32 AM
my rabbits are so fierce when i'm grooming them!