click to register

PDA

View Full Version : URGENT adoption help!!

shihtzubaobei
05-13-2011, 12:15 AM
I have a shih tzu that is 12 years old. She has been with me through my ups and downs for the past 12 years, but i am unable to take care of her anymore.
Ever since i gave birth 9 months ago and moved to my in-laws place, she has been left at my house. There's only my mum and my brother staying at my house, and my brother has been taking care of her all these while.. Now i have a situation. My brother is gonna move out and therefore unable to take care of her. My mum doesnt like/know to take care of dogs.. She is not even willing to try. I am feeling so helpless without any help from my family.

I tried asking my in-law if i could bring her over to stay at their place but she rejected my idea. Partly also because my son has some problem with his lungs, so its not suitable for him to get close to animals. My shih tzu hasnt been happy ever since i left. She is always crying, creating a mess to seek for attention, dirty and smelly. She has yeast infection and skin problems. Before i got married, i was the only one taking care of her, bringing her to the vet and feeding her with medications as she has to be under long term medication. My family members don't even know how to take care of dogs. Even though my brother has been taking care of her for the past nine months, she is still not being well taken care of as my brother only knows how to do the basic things like bathing her and feeding her. He doesn't know how to clean her ears. So the only thing i could do was to make out some time to visit her and give her a full grooming when i am able to.

It is really heart wrenching to see her suffering. She has skin disease and she needs lots of attention and care. I have always been selfish because i couldn't bear to leave her. My family members and people around me knows about my situation and they have always been encouraging me to give her away but i just couldn't bear to do so. 9 months have passed but it doesnt make me happy either to see her suffer. Scratching all over and got no help. Now there's no one to feed her, bathe her and clean her mess.. I cant see her starve and suffer anymore. She used to be a cheerful dog. I decided not to be selfish, and i think she needs a better owner that is able to provide her the attention, care and concern that she needs.

The last resort is to send her for adoption. Can anyone please help? Is there anyone that is willing to take her in? Would appreciate your help cause i am really at my wits end.

Thank you and i hope to hear from you soon.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Breed: Shih Tzu

Name: Baobei

Reason for Being Given Up: Personal Reasons

Good with Children: Yes

Good with Dogs: Yes

Good with other animals: Yes

Dog’s Temperament: Generally well behaved. Toilet trained. Active. Needs attention and accompany. Doesn't bite. Gets along well with anyone.

Dog’s Problems: Fear of thunder, sound of chewing gum. Skin problem (yeast), needs to be under medication. cannot be alone/sleep alone. Basically a heavily attention seeker (Just don't leave her alone and she will be a very obedient dog).

Ideal Owner: Preferably someone with some experience. Needs to be able to have patience/time with her.

Ideal Home: HDB approved

Other information: PM me for further details.

Contact: PM me or email me at strawberry.indulgence@hotmail.com

PS: It took me alot of courage to give up on her. Pls PM me ONLY if you are interested and able to accept the above mentioned.

Thanks a million :(