click to register
Singapore (SG) Pets Forums  

Go Back   Singapore (SG) Pets Forums > Singapore Dog/Cat/Rabbit/Hamster/etc Adoption. They need your love and care > Dog Adoption
Register Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Dog Adoption wof~~~ wof wof~~~

Closed Thread

Old 12-02-2012, 11:58 PM   #1
NickChan

NickChan neutral
Default Rehoming 1.5 year old Yorkie-Maltese darlings!

Hello all!

Nicholas here for the last time thankfully

I'm finding homes for the final two of my dogs before my migration by the 3rd week of December 2012.

It's been a very emotional journey but this forum has been fantastic and responsive, so thank you very very much!!

These final two are Oreo and Snowy, two beautiful Yorkie-Maltese one and a half year old puppies from the same litter.
Both of them look truly very very similar and I only have one picture readily available and it's of Oreo.

(Yes, she is a mother but I have rehomed her litter. Another dog we had rescued broke off the leash of one of our weaker helpers and force-mounted her while they were taking a group walk in the park...
Thankfully the vet said she would be fine and her litter was miraculously very healthy and all have been rehomed!)

Anyway, their personalities are fairly different.
Oreo is more of a cheeky playful type and she really knows how to show she's sorry when she does something wrong (ie. she will roll and "play dead" and lick your face, etc.)
Snowy is playful as well, but less cheeky and more of a loyal companion that loves to be by your side a lot.
She particularly enjoys sleeping next to all of us in the family every night, one by one she will visit our rooms throughout the night and take a few hours of sleep in each room.
But as I said, their personalities are only fairly different-I suggest getting whichever you feel a strongest connection to if you decide to visit them first

Both of them are very loyal and loving and fantastic on walks.
When I walk them together, they can be quite hooligans when they see a few particular dogs in the neighborhood they don't like, but when I walk either of them individually, they respond very well and quickly to short tugs of the leash, verbal commands etc.

Both of them are easy to groom, do not shed fur a lot, generally odorless though do take care of their fur as it can get matted and tangled if you don't look after it from time to time, but very minimal just once a week or even two weeks.

No dental problems or health complications whatsoever, all vaccinations have been given, they are on a simple dog food diet, we give them the Science Diet brand though it's not really important so long as it's a recognized dog food brand.

Both are toilet-trained but it is still important that you allow for at least a few days of adjustment period at their new home with new walking schedule etc. and be sure to enforce the toilet training firmly.

Both don't bark a lot- but they will growl as a warning to strangers trying to enter your house for the first time so make sure you let them sniff your friends and guests frequently so they can get used to the smell.

No separation anxiety despite their fierce loyalty (comes from their mother), and always willing to follow the family everywhere.
Even after the longest of walks, they will not fall asleep anywhere else except next to us or on one of our beds.

Low maintenance dogs overall, fantastic companions, "almost human" is really very very true for them and I can't even describe how much I will miss them but I trust they will go to good homes :')

Thank you so so much to everyone at this forum, please contact me, Nick, at 96912780 with any enquiries at all.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 329462_3402651626363_2066847927_o.jpg (71.6 KB, 147 views)

#ADS
Feature Ads
Circuit advertisement

AdverPress Cost-per-month Marketing
Join now to place your banner here with your own campaign

Feature Ads is online  

Old 12-12-2012, 05:28 PM   #2
NickChan

NickChan neutral
Default Thank you all!

You Must be a registered member and logged in to view this response. To Register Please Click Here

Closed Thread

Tags
darlings, rehoming, year, yorkiemaltese